Glendora Lassie League, an official 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is primarily a program of service to the young ladies of our community. It is established and geared to provide an avenue for healthy activity and training under responsible leadership in the atmosphere of wholesome community participation. We appreciate any and all donations throughout the year which are used to enhance opportunities for our players in the areas of skills, field improvements, scholarships and more.
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Leonard Chen, the new Director of Fundraising. Both of my daughters joined the Glendora Lassie League last year and I can’t begin to describe to you how rewarding and fun of an experience it was. Our only regret was that we didn’t have them participate in the League earlier. They learned what it was like to work in a team environment, but at the same time, they learned and improved in every aspect of their individual game from hitting to fielding. All in all, this is just a small reason why the League continues to demonstrate its place as an important pillar in the community.
Your support is essential to the success of the League. Please click here to fill out the sponsorship application (under Document/Forms) to be a GLL Sponsor! If you have any questions about it, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Your consideration is truly appreciated!
Team Parent Meeting
Wednesday, February 10, 2016,
7:00pm-7:30pm at Teen Center
Score Keeping Clinic
Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 7:30-8:00pm at Teen Center
GLL and Cal Thunder Clinic
Sunday, February 21, 12pm - 4pm
(See calendar for more details.)
Scholarship Applications Due
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Application can be found under Documents/Forms.
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
1. Any graduating high school senior who has participated in a minimum of two seasons in Glendora Lassie League is eligible to apply for a scholarship.
2. Applicant should have cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better and good citizenship.
3. Candidate must be able to verify acceptance to a university, community college, trade or vocational school.
4. A current high school transcript must be attached to the completed scholarship application.
5. A personal essay is required and must be typed in 12 pt font and double spaced. Your essay should be approximately 500 words and include a recent photo (wallet size).
6. Glendora Lassie League Board of Directors will review all applications and notification to those awarded a scholarship will take place prior to graduation in May.
7. Scholarships are payable when the successful candidate provides GLL secretary with proof of registration and attendance at a university, community college, trade or vocational school.
8. Scholarships awards vary based on availability of funds but typically range from $500 to $1000.
9. All completed applications must be returned to Lori Mikesell, Glendora Lassie League Secretary, NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2016, by mail to 449 E. Laurel Avenue, Glendora, CA 91741; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact Lori Mikesell at 626‐675‐6711 to arrange submission. Late applications will not be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a GLL scholarship. The Board of Directors wish you the best of luck and success in continuing your education and in your future endeavors.
Glendora softball made a top notch showing in ASA’s District Tournament in Rancho Cucamonga June 26-28, 2015. The 12U and 10U teams fought hard for district championships while 14U battled for a second place finish. Ron Bush, 12U team manager, saw his team undefeated throughout the tournament beating Chino 12-11 in the championship game. Going into the bottom of the 7th inning down 11-6, the girls battled back one at a time until Monique Moreno hit a triple to end the game. The 10U team was down 4-0, until the 5th inning batting almost twice through the lineup scoring eight runs to win 10-4 with the championship title against Corona. Corona had to play four games on Sunday and were tired but played hard and never gave up. Amador Manzano, 14U manager, saw his team down 7-0 after the 1st inning. The girls battled back to tie the score in the 5th. They gave up two runs “but our girls never quit,” said Manzano. Glendora had the tying runs on in the bottom of the 7th but came up short taking second place and still qualifying for States along with their 10U and 12U teams.
Teams travel to Lancaster to compete in States July 10, 2015.
The Glendora Lassie League (GLL), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to helping young ladies become productive citizens through wholesome fun, responsible leadership and the spirit of good sportsmanship, teamwork and fair play.
Congratulations to the Glendora Lassie League 8U Gold Team who won their division championships in Arcadia May 29-31 at the Foothills Classic Tournament. The 8U team went undefeated coming out on top against great teams including Sierra Madre and La Canada! GLL's 14U team and 10U Silver teams came away with 2nd place in each of their divisions! The 12U Silver team had a great showing going into their semi-final game as the undefeated number one seed in their pool while the 10U Gold had a great showing making it to the semi-finals in their division. (Click here for more information and photos.)
All GLL teams look ahead to their own Pride of the Foothills Tournament June 5-7 in conjunction with San Dimas.
Congratulations to the GLL 12U Gold Team for winning their division championship at the 39th Annual Walnut Memorial Weekend Tournament! A great start to the all star season! Congratulations to all the teams who played this weekend. It was great to see everyone coming out this weekend to support the teams. Next up... Arcadia's Foothill Classic for some and then GLL's own Pride of the Foothills Tournament in two weeks!
Louie Pompei Memorial Sports Complex
1100 N Valley Center Ave, Glendora